Legacy Update services
The range of services provided as part of Legacy Update depends on the application of the customer and their business needs. Engineers from DSS-Hicron always start with performing an audit of the current solutions. The next step is to plan the best approach to the update. It can be, among the others, for example:
- refactoring the code of your solution or writing the code anew,
- rewriting the application’s code for the newer technologies (for example from SQL2005 to SQL2016),
- planning a migration to more advanced technologies (for example: from .NET Framework to .NET Core).
Depending on the business needs and goals, Legacy Update can be used to implement a new architecture of the system. Such approach allows us to benefit from the cloud solutions – for example by moving from monolith to microservices or to service-oriented architecture).
Cooperation with us always starts with customer describing their business needs, expectations and plans for future system development. That business insight is much more valuable than looking only at the code. In that way, we can present a few options of Legacy Update, and suggest the best one for the customer – meeting all their requirements, and also creating an additional, business value.
Benefits of updating Legacy solutions
Dealing with Legacy solution causes a lot of problems – with maintenance, development, costs and efficiency. Depending on your application, Legacy Update can:
- reduce the cost of maintaining the solution,
- makes it easier to add new features,
- reduce or eliminate occurring errors,
- provide a new, responsive UI, that can be adapted to any device,
- enable migration to the cloud, or use of microservices infrastructure,
- improve UX,
- optimize the application, thus making it faster and more responsive,
- modernize your solution and make it address current and future business needs.
Legacy Update is a more comfortable solution than adapting the software to new needs or features. Technology changes fast, each new version is faster, more efficient, does more, which makes the IT solution get old quickly. Often it is cheaper and faster to refactor the code or even write it anew, instead of trying to make it work with new features or to fulfill new tasks. DSS-Hicron will conduct an audit of your solution and suggest you the best solution (that will suit your budget plan).
By upgrading customer’s solution DSS-Hicron secured business continuity and decreased in one of the cases time-to-market by 83%.
Contact us if you want to know:
- how to improve the performance of your application?
- what can be done in terms of Legacy Update?
- how to maintain the best your monolithic application?
- what is our Technical Radar?
- if your application has to be written anew, or can it be optimized?
- how to give up the infrastructure costs by adopting the cloud?
- what to do when your current solutions do not address your business needs?
Our experts have all the answers you need!
What our partners say about us
After carefully evaluating suppliers, we decided to try a new approach and start working with a near-shore software house. Cooperation with DSS from Hicron was something different, and it turned out to be a great success that brought added value to our company.
With HICRON’s creative ideas and fresh perspective, we reached a new level of our core platform and achieved our business goals.
Many thanks for what you did so far; we are looking forward to more in future!
Hicron is a partner who has provided excellent software development services. Their talented software engineers have a strong focus on collaboration and quality. They have helped us in achieving our goals across our cloud platforms at a good pace, without compromising on the quality of our services. Our partnership is professional and solution-focused!